The RWC Insurance Advantage markets General Liability insurance exclusively to members of Residential Warranty Co., LLC in most of the United States through Western Pacific Mutual Ins. Co, RRG. Umbrella or Excess liability coverage is available through the McGowan Group who have access to many highly rated companies. Need Builders Risk or Contractors Equipment, but not a member? We also represent Zurich, a world leader in these coverages.
Click GET A QUOTE to learn more.
Timeline of the RWC Insurance Advantage
- The RWC Insurance Advantage had its beginnings with the creation of RWC in 1981. Our founder, a long-established Pennsylvania home builder, was faced with a drastic increase in his home warranty premiums and decided his warranty provider at the time needed some competition, thus RWC was born.
- By 1990 RWC had expanded to provide home warranties to other builders in most of the continental United States, so Western Pacific was formed to insure the liabilities associated with all 10-year major structural home warranties sold by RWC.
- Through the mid-1990s, the business grew to become one of the nation's leading home warranty providers and many member builders began asking if Western Pacific could provide for their general liability insurance needs as well.
- This resulted in the establishment of RIA in 1998. For the next six years the operations of RIA were directed by an outside managing general underwriter, but it proved difficult to find an insurance company willing to commit to covering home builders due to their fear of construction defect claims that reached historic levels in those years.
- In 2001 Western Pacific received its A- Excellent rating from A. M. Best Company, the world's leading insurance rating organization, and has maintained it with stable outlook ever since.
- In 2004, to provide needed stability for our general liability program, Western Pacific's product line was expanded to include this coverage with Integrity Underwriters (RIA) overseeing underwriting.
- By 2007, Integrity Underwriters assumed full control of all aspects of RIA's operations including claims, through its affiliate, Integrity Administrators. This significant change has resulted in the continued stability, growth and long-term profitability of our insurance program.
The RWC Insurance Advantage is a specialty insurance provider dedicated to home builders. We are in this for the long term because insuring home builders is all we do. If you are a current RWC member click "Get a Quote" to get started. If you would like to learn more about how becoming a member can benefit you, call us at 1-866-454-2155 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Not available in California, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi or Nevada.